Royal Canin maintain that a cat’s diet should take into account all parameters of life, such as age, breed, lifestyle, physiology and individual circumstances. Overweight can have detrimental effects on cats’ health. The health-diet Royal Canin Ultra Light cat food helps to prevent overweight. Royal Canin Ultra Light is based on Royal Canin’s commitment to the highest quality and includes the Macro Nutrient Profile instinctively preferred by adult cats (from one year of age).
Royal Canin Ultra Light cat food helps adult cats (from one year of age) to prevent putting on excess weight:
- Weight gain is usually caused by an imbalance between energy intake (too much or too rich food) and energy output (e.g. lack of exercise). Royal Canin Ultra Light supports a reduction in spontaneous calorie intake by the cat. L-carnitine promotes optimal fat burning.
- Adult cats are at an increased risk of developing urinary stones. Royal Canin Ultra Light promotes a Healthy Urinary System by helping to reduce the concentration of the minerals which can lead to urinary stones.
- Weight reduction through a diet too low in protein usually leads to undesirable loss of muscle mass in the cat. A high content of proteins of high biological quality in Royal Canin Ultra Light supports retention of muscle mass.
- The specific Macro Nutrient Profile of adult cats leads to instinctive and long-term acceptance. However healthy the diet, if the cat won’t eat it, it’s not much good!
- The health-diet of Royal Canin Ultra Light cat food provides all necessary nutrients for optimal health and vitality.
- Royal Canin Ultra Light wet food is juicy chunks in tasty gravy. The portioned freshness pouches maintain the full flavour of the food and protect the high quality of its nutrients. At the same time they are easy to open.
The instinctive preference – the Macro Nutrient Profile: the new health-diet with Macro Nutrient Profile is a formula adapted to the life phase and individual features of cats. The Macro Nutrient Profile describes the distribution of nutrients which provide energy. It signifies optimal proportions of proteins, fats and carbohydrates for long-term acceptance. The specific Nutrient Profile of cats varies with age, but also with physiological status (e.g. pregnancy, lactation).
Cats have the ability to recognise and prefer the food that most closely matches their individual Nutrient Profile. Combined with the know-how of Royal Canin the Macro Nutrient Profile concept guarantees exceptional, long-term acceptance of the food. Cats just don’t get fed up with the Feline Health Nutrition products of Royal Canin! It is therefore not even necessary to change flavours from meal to meal, especially since taste is only a very small part of cats’ food choice.
Daily amount where Royal Canin Ultra Light is fed exclusively, in pouches/day:
|Cat’s weight||ideal weight||overweight|
|6 kg||6||4 1/2|
|7 kg||–||5 1/2|
Daily amount where fed in combination with dry food:
|Cat’s weight||ideal weight||ideal weight||overweight|
|3 kg||1 Beutel + 25-30 g||2 Beutel + 10-15 g||–|
|4 kg||1 Beutel + 40-45 g||2 Beutel + 25-30 g||2 Beutel + 15-30 g|
|5 kg||1 Beutel + 50-60 g||2 Beutel + 35-45 g||2 Beutel + 25-45 g|
|6 kg||1 Beutel + 65-75 g||2 Beutel + 50-55 g||2 Beutel + 35-55 g|
|7 kg||1 Beutel + 75-85 g||2 Beutel + 65-70 g||2 Beutel + 45-70 g|
Changing from one food to another should be done gradually so your cat’s intestinal flora has sufficient time to adapt to a new food. Over 7 days, mix Royal Canin wet food in gradually increasing proportions into your cat’s existing diet. This gradual adaptation lowers the risk of diarrhoea. Excessive food intake may also cause digestive problems.
Please note that these are guidelines only. Actual feeding amounts should be adjusted according to your cat’s age, activity levels and circumstances. Monitor your cat’s weight and adjust feeding amounts as required. Daily amounts should be offered spread over two portions a day. Fresh water should be provided at all times.
Meat and animal derivatives (chicken and pork), cereals, eggs and egg derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, minerals, sugar (max. 0.5%).
Zinc (30 mg/kg), manganese (4 mg/kg), iodine (0,2 mg/kg), selenium (0.05 mcg/kg), iron (20 mg/kg), copper (3 mg/kg), vitamin A (15.000 IU/kg), vitamin D3 (170 IU/kg), vitamin E (59 mg/kg), vitamin B1 thiamine (30 mg/kg), vitamin B2 riboflavin (3 mg/kg), vitamin B5 pantothenic acid (4 mg/kg), vitamin B6 pyridoxine (2 mg/kg), vitamin B12 cobalamine (0.01 mcg/kg), vitamin B3 niacin (15 mg/kg), biotin (0.05 mcg/kg), folic acid (0.3 mg/kg), choline (530 mg/kg), L-carnitine (40 mg/kg), taurine (500 mg/kg)
|linoleic acid||0.4 %|
|omega-3 fats||0.03 %|
|omega-6 fats||0.4 %|
|calories that can be burned||674.0 kcal|