The British Shorthair – a noble cat! Its generous, shapely body, adorned with an incredibly dense, short coat, gives it the irresistible charm of a teddy bear. The breed is loved for its quiet, patient nature. A great hunter, the British Shorthair cat is affectionate and has a calming presence.
- Care for a big body: the strong, shapely body of the British Shorthair cat places much higher demands on its muscles and joints than those of lighter breeds
- Heart size control: British Shorthairs can suffer from a serious cardiac disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. It is diagnosed through cardiac ultrasound
Royal Canin British Shorthair Adult cat food is a dry cat food exclusively adapted to the requirements of British Shorthair cats (from 12 months):
- Strengthening muscle tone and joint health: Maintains muscle mass and protects joints through an optimally balanced protein content (34%) and high contents of L-carnitine, chondroitin, glucosamine and omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA)
- Improves mouth and tooth hygiene: added calcium chelate and the unique shape, size and texture of the kibble contribute to maintaining good tooth and gum health
- Supports the cardiac function: optimally balanced contents of taurine, L-carnitine, EPA/DHA and antioxidants support the function of the cardiac muscle
- Optimised protection through L-lysine: cats’ airways are frequently attacked by herpes viruses. Supplementing food with L-lysine limits the intensity of virus transmission and lowers the severity of clinical symptoms of illnesses caused by herpes viruses
Manufacturer’s feeding recommendation in g/day:
|Cat’s weight||Underweight||Ideal weight||Overweight|
Poultry protein (dried), vegetable protein isolate, rice, maize, animal fats, maize gluten, vegetable fibers, animal protein (hydrolysed), chicory fiber, minerals, soya oil, fish oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, yeast hydrolyzate (source of mannan-oligo-saccharides), borage oil, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), marigold extract (source of lutein), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin).
*L.I.P: protein selected for its very high assimilation.
Vitamin A (29,300 IU/kg), vitamin D3 (800 IU/kg), iron (40 mg/kg), iodine (4 mg/kg), copper (6 mg/kg), manganese (51 mg/kg), zinc (154 mg/kg), selenium (0.08 mg/kg), L-carnitine (200 mg/kg), taurine (3 g/kg).
Preservatives – antioxidants.
|arachicdonic acid||0.08 %|
|biotine (vitamin H)||3.06 mg|
|chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine||500.0 mg|
|folic acid||13.5 mg|
|linoleic acid||4.44 %|
|niacin (vitamin- B3)||480.0 mg|
|omega-3 fats||0.93 %|
|omega-6 fats||4.65 %|
|pantothenic acid||144.3 mg|
|vitamin A||32.0 IU|
|vitamin B1 (thiamine)||26.8 mg|
|vitamin B12 (cobalamin)||0.13 mg|
|vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||48.3 mg|
|vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)||75.3 mg|
|vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||300.0 mg|
|vitamin D3||800.0 mg|
|vitamin E (tocopherol)||600.0 mg|
|calories that can be burned||4.008 kcal|
|dietary fibre||12.0 %|
|DHA fatty acid||0.35 mg|
|nitrogen-free extracts||29.4 mg|
Available seizes: 400g, 2 kg, 10 kg