- Acana Adult Large Breed is centered on the WHOLEPREY
Acana Adult Large Breed Dry Dog Food
Acana Adult Large Breed is centered on the WHOLEPREY™ principle, which is based on the natural nutritional needs of your adult large breed dog. The recipe is designed to mimic the makeup of prey that dogs’ ancestors would naturally have caught in the wild. The dry kibble contains a balanced mix of animal proteins and has a high meat content of 60%, of which a third is fresh meat. To help to maintain the best body composition, this dry dog food also has a limited amount of carbohydrate with a low GI score to help to prevent diabetes and weight gain. This helps to ensure that the joints of large breed dogs are not put under unnecesary strain. A variety of different fruits, vegetables and plant extracts are added to ensure your dog receives the vitamins and minerals that it needs for wellbeing and an active life.
The Canadian premium dog food producer Acana manufactures its products in its own kitchens using only the best, local products that are suitable for human consumption. The ingredients are delivered daily from local farms and fisheries. Free-range chicken, nest-laid eggs, wild flounder from sustainable fisheries as well as regional fruit and vegetables contain sufficient animal proteins and a broad spectrum of nutrients, so it is not necessary to enrich the food with synthetic additives. All it takes is a look at the ingredients list of Acana foods to be sure of the quality of the products. Acana foods contain all of the goodness and richness of Canada’s wild landscape and are great for demanding dogs.
Acana Adult Large Breed at a glance:
- Exquisite dry food for all adult large breed dogs weighing 25kg+
- Natural recipe designed to promote optimal body condition in large dogs
- Top quality ingredients: delivered daily from local agriculture or wild-caught fish in Canada, suitable for human-grade consumption
- WHOLEPREY™ concept: recipe adapted to the natural nutritional needs of dogs, similar to the makeup of natural prey
- 60% meat including 1/3 fresh meat: provides the body with vital proteins
- 40% herbs, fruit & vegetables: optimal amounts of nutrients, according to a primitive nutrition framework
- High in animal proteins: with free-range chicken and whole nest-laid eggs from Canadian farms and wild-caught flounder from sustainable fisheries
- Limited carbohydrate (25%): free from potato, tapioca, and grains. Uses locally-sourced lentils and peas that have a low GI to prevent diabetes, excess weight and excess strain on joints
- No gluten or wheat
- With fruit & vegetables: a great variety of local ingredients that contain essential vitamins and can help to regulate the digestion
- Local grasses: plant extracts from grasses that grow in British Columbia, which can help to speed up the metabolism
- No synthetic additives: high-quality ingredients provide nutrients in a natural way, so there is no need for artificial additives
- With zinc: the only supplementary ingredient, which works with the unsaturated fatty acids in the flounder to help to promote a healthy coat and skin
- Award-winning production processes: Acana products are only made in their own kitchen, without outsourcing and use high-tech processes on the fresh ingredients to preserve natural nutrients
- Unique taste: fresh liver, freeze-dried by Acana, helps to make the food really palatable
- Sustainable business philosophy: cooperation with local farmers and fisheries that work with nature ensures a safe, reliable, fresh and high-quality product from the heart of Canada
Feeding Guide in g/day:
|Body weight||Active lifestyle||Less active|
Each dog is different and feeding amounts will vary. Use this chart as a guide and adjust amounts accordingly. Maintaining proper body weight contributes to longevity—a healthy dog is lean and athletic. Feed twice daily and provide fresh clean water at all times.
Fresh chicken without bones (13%), dried chicken (12%), dried turkey (11%), red lentils, whole, green peas (8%), field beans, fresh chicken offal (liver, heart, kidneys) (4%), dried Atlantic herring (4%), fresh whole eggs (4%), fresh whole flounder (4%), herring oil (3%), chicken fat (3 %), sun-ripened alfalfa, green lentils, whole, yellow peas, pea fiber, fresh chicken cartilage (2%), brown seaweed, fresh pumpkin, fresh garden gourd, fresh parsnips, fresh cabbage, fresh spinach, fresh brown mustard, fresh oilseed rape petals, fresh carrots, fresh “Red Delicious” apples, fresh “Bartlett” pears, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory roots, turmeric, milk thistle, large thistle roots, lavender flowers, real mallow root, rose hips.
E6 [zinc] (100 mg/kg), Enterococcus faecium NCIMB10415 (600×10^6 CFU).
|linoleic acid||2.2 %|
|omega-3 fats||1.2 %|
|omega-6 fats||2.4 %|
|calories that can be burned||3458.0 kcal|
|DHA fatty acid||0.35 mg|
Available in 2kg, 6kg, 11.4kg, 17kg