Acana Regionals Grasslands is a biologically-appropriate, complete dry cat food. This tasty kibble is based on the WholePrey™ principle which contains fresh meat, organs and cartilage in the appropriate ratios. It reflects the food your cat would have eaten in the wild where it would have consumed entire prey animals including protein-rich muscle meat, nutrient and vitamin-rich offal and calcium, and phosphorus-rich bones and cartilage.
This dry cat food is grain-free and has a low carbohydrate content (25%). Arcana Regionals dry cat food provides your cat with balanced nutrition with all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals it needs for a healthy lifestyle. It has a high animal/fish protein content (75%) with a healthy mix of different sources of animal protein. This dry food is enriched with fruit and vegetables, and plant extracts, all of which provide your cat with the vital vitamins and minerals it needs.
Acana uses only the very best, fresh, regional Canadian products to produce this healthy cat food. It uses fresh lamb, free-run duck, whole nest-laid eggs, wild-caught northern pike, and free-run turkey from western Canada, all of which are healthy sources of animal protein and rich in important nutrients. The fruit and vegetables are harvested and delivered daily from local farms. All Acana products are free from artificial additives. The top-quality ingredients ensure your cat can enjoy a balanced, wholesome meal every time.
Acana Regionals Grasslands dry cat food at a glance:
- Premium quality dry food for adult cats of all breeds
- Mirrors your cat’s natural diet in the wild: to help your pet stay healthy and happy
- Top quality ingredients: all ingredients are sourced from regional, Canadian farms and fisheries. They are of human grade quality and delivered fresh every day
- WholePrey™ meat ratio: reflects your cat’s natural wild diet and uses meat, organs and cartilage in the correct ratio to meet your cat’s dietary needs
- 75% meat: 50% of the meat content is fresh meat. This is an excellent source of animal product with a hearty, delicious taste
- 5 sources of protein: fresh lamb, free-run duck, whole nest-laid eggs, free-run turkey and wild-caught northern pike from sustainable sources
- 25% fruit, vegetables and plant extracts: from local Canadian farms ensure that your cat gets all the vitamins it needs. They also help to keep the digestive system working well
- Low in carbohydrates (25%): The kibble is free from potatoes, tapioca and starches. It contains locally grown lentils and chickpeas which have a low glycaemic index which can help to prevent obesity
- Grain and gluten-free, no GMOs or plant protein concentrates: suitable for cats with nutritional sensitivities or allergies
- No artificial additives: this food is made using top quality ingredients and provides your cat with a natural, nutrient-rich food which doesn’t need additives
- With zinc, choline and copper: These are the only supplements used in this kibble
- Vitamin E: a natural antioxidant
- Modern manufacturing methods: Acana pet food is made exclusively in the NorthStar kitchen. No part of the process is outsourced and the recipes used help to retain the natural, wholesome goodness of the fresh produce
- Great taste: with fresh, freeze-dried liver. Well accepted, even by very choosy cats
- Inspired by the farms, prairies and cold, clear waters of Canada: Acana sources only the very best ingredients from reliable, trusted local farms and fisheries. All ingredients are passed fit for human consumption.
Feeding guide in g/day:
Acana Regionals Grasslands dry food is a complete food for cats.
Use a standard 250ml/120g measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location.
Raw grass-fed lamb (8%), fresh duck (8%), fresh whole eggs (8%), lamb meat meal (8%), whole herring meal (8%), turkey meal (8%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, whole chickpeas, lamb fat (6%), fresh wild-caught northern pike (5%), raw lamb liver (4%), fresh duck giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (4%), fresh turkey meat (4%), whole green lentils, whole pinto beans, whole yellow peas, pollock oil (2%), sun-cured alfalfa, dried lamb cartilage (1%), raw lamb tripe (1%), dried brown kelp, fresh pumpkin, fresh butternut squash, fresh parsnips, fresh green kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh carrots, fresh Red Delicious apples, fresh Bartlett pears, freeze-dried liver (lamb and duck) (0.1%), fresh cranberries, fresh blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium
Choline, zink chelate, copper chelate
Nutritional additives per kg:
Vitamin A (28 KIU), vitamin D3 (1800 IU), vitamin E (180 IU), vitamin B1 (thiamine) (25mg), vitamin B2 (riboflavin) (20mg), vitamin B3 (niacin) (120mg), vitamin B5 (pan, acid) (21mg), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) (15mg), vitamin K (1mg), vitamin B12 (0.2mg) folic acid (2mg), choline (3500mg), sodium (0.4%), chloride (0.70%), potassium (0.73%), magnesium (0.1%), iron (213mg/kg), zinc (200mg), copper (24mg), manganese (17mg), iodine (2.6mg), selenium (0.90mg)
Botanical inclusions per kg:
Chicory root (400 mg), turmeric (100mg), milk thistle (100mg), burdock root (100mg), lavender (100mg), marshmallow root (100mg), rosehips (100mg)
Preserved with mixed tocopherols, a tocopherol rich extract of natural origin – vitamin E and rosemary oil
|omega-3 fats||1.0 %|
|omega-6 fats||2.5 %|
|vitamin B1 (thiamine)||25.0 mg|
|vitamin B12 (cobalamin)||0.2 mg|
|vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||20.0 mg|
|vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)||15.0 mg|
|vitamin E (tocopherol)||180.0 mg|
|DHA fatty acid||0.2 mg|
|vitamin K||1.0 mg/kg|